Since their first applications, the main function of fibers in concrete has been to counteract the internal tensions that spontaneously arise in a conglomerate during curing and hardening; in this case we refer to auxiliary fibers otherwise called anti-cracking.
The anti-cracking action has been for centuries the main application of fibers in concretes and mortars. Subsequently, the auxiliary fibers were joined by the structural fibers, which not only intervene in counteracting the initiation and propagation of the cracks during the hardening of the mixture, but also contribute to improving the mechanical performance of the conglomerate. In particular, the performances that are enhanced by the addition of the structural fibers are the fracture energy, the tensile strength and the ductility, or the ability of a material to deform under stress before breaking. These characteristics are related to the concept of toughness, that is the ability of a material to dissipate energy during deformation under stress (fracture energy).
With the acronyms ECC (Enginered Cementitious Composites) and HPFRC (High Performance Fiber Reinforced Concrete), material technologists identify these families of technologically advanced cement products. A fundamental parameter of these materials is the fracture energy, with which it is possible to evaluate the increase in ductility of these composites compared to high-performance mortars and concretes based on “traditional” formulations.
AZICHEM, which formulates and produces fiber-reinforced cement conglomerates since 1990, has studied and proposed new cementitious formulations containing special additives and very high percentages of structural fiber reinforcement. These formulations find their natural outlet in the field of reinforcements and in that of seismic improvement/adaptation of buildings.
This is how the RINFOR GROUT family of products, structural micro-concretes with high fracture energy, was born a few years ago.
The very high physical-mechanical performance of RINFOR GROUT products, which are exploited by structural engineers in their calculation models, are united by a characteristic that makes these products unique, namely the presence of special crystallizing additives that give the fiber-reinforced conglomerates strong anti-corrosion functions, anti-shrinkage, waterproofing and self-healing.
SYSTEMS FOR REINFORCEMENT, REPAIR AND SEISMIC ADJUSTMENT OF STRUCTURES
FIELDS OF USE
- For the seismic adaptation of structurally deficient elements with absorption and transfer of shear or tensile stresses in the face of events with high dynamic stress (earthquake, shocks, deflagrations);
- For structural reinforcements and seismic adaptation through jacketing of beams, pillars, structural nodes, walls;
- For the reinforcement and seismic adaptation with low thickness extradosal collaborating layer on reinforced concrete, brick-concrete floors, corrugated sheets, wood;
- For the manufacture of lightweight thin section structural elements;
- For the repair of floors requiring resistance to high static and dynamic stresses, together with exceptional resilience and impact resistance values;
- For reinforcements and precision anchoring of heavy and highly stressed machines: wind turbines, precision machinery, etc.
- Exceptional physical-mechanical compression, bending, traction and residual strength values on pre-cracked specimens (limit of proportionality and residual bending strength according to UNI EN 14651);
- Very high shear adhesion of the reinforcement layer to the reinforced concrete substrate;
- Take advantage of the tensile strength of the material in structural calculations;
- Minimize application thicknesses by guaranteeing improved reinforcement conditions compared to interventions with traditional reinforced concrete
- Minimize the additional loads on the structure;
- Take advantage of the extraordinary anti-carbonation and anti-oxidation values of RINFOR GROUT COL to increase the durability of the reinforced concrete structure;
- Leed® credits: almost zero voc emissions – design innovation – durability – eco-sustainability 100% recyclable at the end of its life;
- Fire resistance of micro-concrete RINFOR GROUT COL